I really need some cheering up today. While the fireplace guy was here last week giving us a quote on repairs to our fireplace, he noticed that our furnace is vented improperly. And by "improperly", I mean that the pipe has a huge hole running down the side of it causing it to possibly release carbon monoxide into our house. The furnace guy just gave me an estimate on the repairs - "expensive".
So, I'm going to focus on the happier side of my life - we just got our Christmas tree. Christmas trees make me smile...after we have finished decorating it and have cleaned up all of the mess. My girls like the down home crafty look with paper chains, handmade ornaments and edible candy canes. (And I think I see a shiny furnace pipe with an exhaust fan under the tree.)